Here are the instructions given to me by my doc, when she suggested I do a five-day cleanse before the holidays (read this blog for an explanation of the timing).
Cleanse: 5 days
It is extremely helpful to plan your meals ahead and always have fruit or veggies as a snack available.
Start the day with the lemon juice-olive oil cocktail and then eat as much as you want of the below foods, and drink plenty of water.
1) Morning cocktail
2) Juicing (or smoothies) – Raw vegetables and fruits – 12-16oz juice per day with any fruit or vegetable you would like, except for bananas.
3) Steamed vegetables and vegetable soups, except for beans.
4) Quinoa, about 2 cups a day for satiety and protein.
5) Take Liver GI Detox by Pure Encapsulations. 2 caps twice a day.
6) Drink plenty of water and herbal teas.
By the way, I don’t get any kickbacks from the links I’m supplying here. I like buying supplements from PureFormulas because their prices and selection are good, and they offer free shipping.
Wanna join me? I’ll be responding to your comments here and on my facebook page.
Lisa Bonnice is the author of five books, including Shape Shifting–reclaiming YOUR perfect body (with a foreword by Neale Donald Walsch).